It is very important to us that we keep your information safe and secure.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent public body responsible for upholding information rights and data privacy. We adhere to their principles and guidelines.
In order to do this we:
- Process your personal information in line with the ICO recommendations
- Ensure that personal information we collect is relevant and not excessive to our needs
- Only keep your personal information for as long as necessary
- Only use your personal information for the reasons for which it was collected
- Ask for your consent to agree to being part of our marketing mailing lists
- Do everything we can to protect your personal information from accidental loss or unlawful processing
If you contact us to make an enquiry about Yogakidz Worldwide and Yogakidz Ltd consultations, events, mentoring, workshops or products your personal information will be used to respond to that enquiry.
How we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us by post, telephone, text, email or via our website ‘contact us’ section
- If you send us messages or ask for information through social media
- If you purchase products or services from our website.
- As you interact with us in other ways – as a student, client, mentee, customer or in any other capacity.
How we use personal data
We collect information from enquirers, students, clients, Yogakidz Instructors, mentees, volunteers, wholesalers and customers to:
- Respond to enquiries
- Provide products & respond to product requests
- Provide professional client consultations in line with our insurance policies
- Manage events and courses
- Administer certification processes and assessments
- Provide services to mentees to facilitate the development of their business
The information may include the following:
- Contact details e.g. name, address, phone number, email address
- Information concerning your health, medical conditions & medication
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Personal interests
- Special educational needs
- Dietary requirements where there is catering involved
- Previous qualifications, yoga schools and organisations you may belong to
- Contact details of your family or next kin
- Information around your business and business goals
For purchases and on-line payments, it will include:
You may also transfer via bank transfer or send cheques and these will be processed in the same manner as online payments.
Courses and Events
If you choose to register for and attend any of our events as a student or volunteer we will use your information to manage your attendance at the event.
We will ask you specifically if we consider sharing your information may enhance your enjoyment of the experience. For example, sharing emails with other course participants to allow for buddying groups to support learning or sharing dietary requirements with a third party e.g. caterer.
Transfer of personal data outside the UK
Information which may be of interest to you
If you choose to join our mailing lists you will be sent information which we believe to be of interest to you. This may include future events, courses and updates or news. You can opt in by email, text, or post.
You may find links to other web pages on our web site. The terms of this policy only apply to Yogakidz Worldwide and Yogakidz Ltd, they do not apply to any external websites you may visit though a link on our web pages.
If you no longer wish to receive information from us please email us at [email protected]
You can unsubscribe from the mail aweber emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email.
You also have the right to:
- Request to see the information we hold about you
- Tell us to change or update your information if it is inaccurate or it changes
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you.
Any request should be made in writing via email to [email protected] and please allow 28 days for a response. With regard to client case histories, these are kept for 7 years in line with our insurance policy.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for your interaction with us. In some circumstances, we are required to keep the information for a set period of time, e.g. Client records – 7 years or, in the case of minors, for 7 years after their 18th Birthday. Contracts and Declarations will be kept for 40yrs. Application forms will be kept for 1yr after your latest course with us has been completed.
How do we store your personal information?
All client case histories and applications/contracts etc, are stored as a paper copy only in a locked filing cabinet. The details are used solely for the purposes of providing a safe and effective yoga session or training, by your Yoga teacher or trainer. If you send us your copy via email then it is saved under a passworded and encryption process on our hard drive.
If you are a student and provide us with contact information or other information related to your learning it is stored on a computer protected by a password. Student information may also be stored as a paper copy locked in a filing cabinet.
If you are a mentee, again the files are paper based and stored in a locked filing cabinet. If you choose to send information via email it will be stored on a computer under a password.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. We will do our best to update you of any changes. Please refer back to this page to keep up to date with changes.
Making a complaint to the ICO
If you believe that we are not processing your data in accordance with the law then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office through their helpline 0303 123 1113